Childhood obesity is constantly on the rise, so as parents we need to be sure that we are always monitoring our children’s fat intake. In order to help your child maintain a healthy lifestyle, be sure to establish good eating habits like the following:
- Children with a family history of cholesterol and heart disease should drink 2 percent milk.
- After their 2nd birthday, all kids should drink 1 percent milk.
- Serve your child lean meats and fish.
- Limit your child’s cheese intake.
- Limit fruit juice intake to 4 to 6 ounces per day.
- Offer low-fat snacks like yogurt, pretzels or fresh fruit.
- Prepare foods using low-fat methods like broiling, steaming or roasting.
Get Rid Of Your Belly!
Have you been battling the belly bulge for way too long and are ready to finally fight it off? Well then you need to start by ditching these food and lifestyle choices and say goodbye to your belly once and for all!
- Eating out too often. If you are eating out too often then you are definitely eating too many food items that are battered, breaded, fried and generally unhealthy for you. You are also more than likely using far too much of condiments than you would if you were eating at home.
- Drinking diet drinks. It may be calorie-free, but studies show that people who drink diet sodas intake more calories in a day than those who don’t indulge in diet drinks.
- Stress eating sugar. Stress increases cortisol levels in the body, causing sugary and fatty cravings.
- Smoking. Smokers have a larger waist circumference than non-smokers. Plus smoking is all-around bad for you!