Let’s face it, no matter how lathered up you are or how cautious you are this summer, at some point you may slip up and end up with a pretty nasty (and painful) sunburn. Here are some easy ways for you to soothe the painful effects of sunburn:
- Take some aspirin to reduce redness and ease some pain.
- Cortisone creams, if applied within 6 hours of the burn, provide some relief.
- Pure aloe Vera gel can help cool down your skin and relieve discomfort.
- Avoid additional sun exposure while your skin heals.
- Chill and blend cucumber slices to create a cucumber paste to apply to your burned skin.
- Apply an ice compress, but not directly to the burned area to help constrict your skin’s capillaries.