Just like we have been cooped up all winter, many insects have been cooped up, too. But now they are making their appearance known. Researchers suggest that the best way to deal with insect bites and stings is to prevent them before they happen:
- Apply repellents to exposed skin. Do not apply repellents directly to your face, instead spray the repellent into your hands and apply to your face that way.
- Wear shoes when walking around outdoors. Avoid going barefoot whenever possible.
- Do not swat or attempt to hit a flying insect. This will only make them mad and attack you more frequently.
- Avoid bright colored clothes when you are outdoors for extended periods of time as insects are attracted to bright colors.
- Try not to wear heavy smelling perfumes outdoors as insects are also attracted to the smells.