You have seen people drinking it on the subway, in the elevator, at the gym and maybe even in those posh cafés and grills, but what’s the big deal about coconut water? Well, that’s easy, coconut water is incredibly healthy and one of the best drinks to hydrate the body. And besides aiding in digestion and helping to remove harmful toxins from your body, coconuts have anti-viral, anti-microbial, AND anti-fungal properties that can help cure disease!
Coconut water is low in carbohydrates, low in sugars and is 99 % fat free. Many nutritionists are calling coconut water the “sports energy drink” of today’s day and age because it is naturally good for you and full of the vitamins we need to ward off fatigue.
When compared to sports drinks, coconut water:
- Contains more potassium, about 294 mg.
- Has less sodium, at about 25 mg.
- Has 5 mg of natural sugars.
- Is very high in chloride at 118 mg.
(Data based on a 100 ml size drink.)
Because coconut water contains organic compounds possessing healthy growth promoting properties, drinking it has been known to help the following:
- Raise your metabolism.
- Boost your immune system.
- Promote weight loss.
- Keep the body cool and at the proper temperature.
- Carry nutrients and oxygen to cells.
- Naturally replenish your body’s fluids after exercising.
- Detoxify and fight viruses.
- Boost poor circulation.
- Control diabetes.
- Cleanse your digestive tract.
- Treat kidney and urethral stones.
- Balance your pH and reduce your risk of cancer.
- Aid your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes and AIDS.
- Orally hydrate your body; it is an all-natural isotonic beverage.