Childhood obesity is constantly on the rise, so as parents we need to be sure that we are always monitoring our children’s fat intake. In order to help your child maintain a healthy lifestyle, be sure to establish good eating habits like the following:
- Children with a family history of cholesterol and heart disease should drink 2 percent milk.
- After their 2nd birthday, all kids should drink 1 percent milk.
- Serve your child lean meats and fish.
- Limit your child’s cheese intake.
- Limit fruit juice intake to 4 to 6 ounces per day.
- Offer low-fat snacks like yogurt, pretzels or fresh fruit.
- Prepare foods using low-fat methods like broiling, steaming or roasting.