Holiday Stress 101
It’s the holiday season and for many people that also means it’s the stressful season. Instead of sweating every little thing this year, try fighting off your holiday stress with these amazing, stress-fighting superfoods.
- Avocado – they give you a burst of vitamin B, which will help to keep you alert and awake, while reducing anxiety.
- Bananas – help to keep you energized and reduce your blood pressure.
- Brown rice – complex carbohydrates (like those in rice) help to raise your body’s serotonin levels, without the carb crash that is typically associated with eating carbohydrates.
- Dark chocolate – also increases the levels of serotonin in the body, giving you those feelings of joy and happiness.
- Fish – the omega-3 fatty acids in fish help to lower adrenaline levels in the body, which can result in a calming effect in your mind and body.