Sure, we would all love to sit down to a plate of eggs, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, sausages and waffles for breakfast, but that would absolutely kill our waistlines and besides, who has time to sit down to breakfast? Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day and also because we live in a fast-paced world, we all need to learn some of the best go-to, easy and healthy breakfasts. Here are seven grab and go breakfasts.
- Smoothies – Everyone needs their fruits and veggies, so why not drink them? At the base of every smoothie is of course fresh or frozen fruits (and vegetables) but it doesn’t have to stop there. Try adding greek yogurt for a creamier taste, peanut butter for extra protein or soy or almond milk for some non-dairy smoothness.
- Muffins and quick breads – Now don’t get confused here… store bought muffins are not the healthy options we are talking about. Homemade muffins and quick breads are much better for you because you can determine what ingredients are in your muffins and quick breads.
- Frittatas and Quiches – Another great choice for breakfast when you need a quick go-to option is always quiches and frittatas. These can also be made ahead of time and eaten throughout the week. You can also make mini frittatas by using a muffin pan.
- Yogurt Parfaits – They look nice behind the glass at those fancy coffee shops, and they are super easy to make. All you need to do is combine Greek yogurt, granola and whatever fruit is in season or your favorite. Layer these ingredients as many times as you would like and dig in.
- Breakfast Sandwiches – Take some time over the weekend and prepare some quick, tasty breakfast sandwiches for the week. You can use eggs, vegetables, tofu, or virtually anything that will pack that protein for your first meal of the day. Reheat them as you are ready for them and eat them during your commute or at your desk.