You are there at least 8 hours a day (if not more) so why not try and do everything you can to change your diet and fitness routine while you are there? Here are some simple ways to lose weight at work.
- Don’t miss breakfast. We have heard it all before, but in order to lose weight make sure you are packing a powerful protein for that first meal of the day.
- Pack your lunch. When you pack your lunch, you are in complete control of portion sizes, if you go out to lunch you are more than likely to overeat and have unnecessary calories.
- Walk on your lunch break – or at least half of it. Instead of taking your entire lunch hour eating, take a half an hour to eat and a half an hour to get out and exercise. Try a brisk walk to help you lose weight and burn stress, too.
- Keep a food journal. That way you are determining how many calories you are taking in during the day. Many people fail to realize how many calories they are ingesting in a single day until they actually start writing it down and logging it.
- If possible, leave your car at home. People who walk or bike to work have a lower risk of being obese. If you take a bus to work, get off a few stops before your stop and walk the rest of the way. If you must take a car, park at a parking lot away from your building and get some extra cardio in before your work day even starts.
- Wear a pedometer. During the day, shoot for 10,000 steps or approximately 5 miles. Use the stairs instead of the elevator a few days a week or walk to a coworker’s desk instead of sending them an email.
- Walk around during the day. While your boss may frown on you doing this many times during the day, if you get up a few extra times a day you will burn more calories than staying sedentary for your full eight-hour shift.
- Get a headset and pace in your office when you are on the phone. Many people who work in an office don’t realize how many hours they spend on the phone… utilize this time by burning some calories while on the phone.