The incidents of breast cancer continuous to rise over the past years even with the advent of new technologies and new cancer intervention treatments. And this is not only confined to women but with men as well.
Even with breasts cancer awareness programs and information drives, plenty still of those who have it are still unaware of it. Most often this happened when these women are not in any line of cancer genes or has been healthy all their lives.
Breast cancer though can be very silent and can stalk you without knowing. Causes of breast cancer are detailed below:
- Old age
- Genetics/ hereditary
- History of breast cancer
- Breast lumps
- Estrogen exposure
- Height (taller women has higher chance of having it)
- Alcohol consumption
- Radiation exposure
- Specific Jobs(night jobs exposed to carcinogens and endocrine disruptors)
- HRT or hormone replacement therapy
Early Signs of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer intervention can be very effective once it is done at the start early onset of the condition. To be able to detect it early, women should be able to keep their selves aware of its different symptoms.
Angelina Jolie, when diagnosed with a certain rare cancer strand had a Mastectomy (removal of breasts). The beauty of early intervention is it keeps you even from acquiring it or making it worse. Jolie who undergo mastectomy have had a breast implant or breast augmentation after to go back to normal.
Many women who had mastectomy ahs found a savior from breast implants to restore normal look and be confident again. And for the early diagnosis and intervention, see below.
- Change in nipple and breast feeling. Tendency is, there will be lumps or thickening near the breast. Mostly it appears near the underarm area also. Another notable one is the enlargement of pores in the breast. But don’t panic once you detect a couple o lumps, some are not cancerous. To be sure, have a professional examine it for you.
- Change in breast and nipple appearance. A change in the size of the breast as well as any dimpling can be an early sign. Uneven swelling or shrinkage should also be checked. When suddenly your nipples turn inverted or inward, it can be a sign that you need to be checked up.
- Nipple discharge. A milky discharge is okay with women who are breastfeeding. But once you are not into it, chances are you may be experiencing something. Though it might not be cancer, it always pays to be careful.
- Pain in the armpits. Once the pain in your armpits is bothering you and it isn’t by any chance related to your period, then see a doctor right away.
Don’t Panic, Be Calm
Once you have some of the symptoms above, don’t panic nor be alarmed. Keep calm and go to a doctor right away. Have some laboratory tests scheduled. Some may even be a false alarm.
Once your first diagnosis is positive, always go for the second and third opinion. But if it is really positive, there are interventions in it.
There are plenty of treatments for cancer. Treatments depend on the cancer stage. Known ones include chemotherapy, mastectomy (like those of Angelina Jolie), hormone therapy and biological treatment. But the biggest weapon you can have is a huge heart, a good fighting will and a strong spirit. So be aware of its symptoms and have early intervention once you suspect you have it.