Trainer Tips: Habits to Avoid for Success
If you feel like you have hit your plateau and aren’t seeing any results from your workouts lately, there may be more problems than just diet and exercise that are interfering with your goals.
Many people play the “blame game” and find a host of reasons why things have wrong awry. But according to fitness trainers, there are a number of habits that you can be doing that will wreak havoc on any diet or exercise program that you participate in.
- You are doing workouts that you hate – if your schedule is full of workouts that you don’t like doing, chances are you are going to continuously skip them often!
- You always take the same class – if you continuously do the same class then your body will get accustomed to that same workout, creating fewer results.
- You aren’t making a plan – if you are always going to the gym and “just winging it” then you won’t be seeing any real results anytime soon.
- You aren’t “fueling” your body – it’s not enough to just do the exercises alone, you must fuel your body adequately to have the energy you need to complete your workout.
- You’re skipping your warm up – it is super important to always give your body time to warm up before your workout to prevent injury and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- You’re not getting enough sleep – lack of sleep is one of the biggest bad habits that all trainers talk to their clients about. Sleep is critical for strength and recovery. Your body must be rested in order to gain strength.