With spring comes the ever popular, “Spring Cleaning.” While everyone loves to have a clean house, it’s also good to know that you can burn some decent amounts of calories (thereby losing some weight) while you are doing your Spring Cleaning this year.
Here are some calorie breakdowns:
- Window washing – 226 calories
- Scrubbing floors – 291 calories
- Dusting – 97 calories
- Scrubbing toilets and tub – 246 calories
- Vacuuming – 317 calories
- Cleaning gutters – 258 calories
- Sweeping – 194 calories
- Mopping – 153 calories
- Washing dishes – 77 calories
Editor’s Note: The calories burned estimates listed here are based on one hour of cleaning for a 155- pound woman.