The skin has several layers. The outside epidermis is the part that covers the inner dermis. The inner dermis contains the hair follicles, blood vessels, nerve receptors and connective tissues. Under the connective tissues are the subcutaneous fat that is the main culprit for cellulite.
Cellulite usually builds up and gets worse at the onset of old age. And usually, it happens in women as men tend to have different skin configuration. Their epidermis and dermal layers are thicker than women.
Modern medical science has made it possible for us to get of these cellulite deposits quickly. Of course there are liposuction treatments which make it quick and easy.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite are those bumpy and dimply skins that appear in a woman’s thighs, back and stomach. Due to the fats push on the connective tissue, the skin puckers causing the orange peel appearance.
Cellulite may appear in age as early as 15 years old and may even get worse as one gets older. But what are the possible causes of cellulite? Here are some.
- 1. Poor diet
- 2. Lack of physical activity
- 3. Hormonal changes
- 4. Dehydration
- 5. Obesity
- 6. Slow metabolism
And as said, cellulite may tend to get worse as women age. But why? Here are some more reasons.
- When aging sets in, the skin gets thinner thus the cellulite appears more pronounced and even more visible.
- Skin loosens during old age. Tone decreases and collagen is reduced. These allow adipose fat cells to press toward the surface of the skin.
- Due to the years seen by the body, it tends to become less efficient when dealing with waste removal. Circulation also decrease thus cellulite are added.
- Weight gain can also be another factor in the worsening of cellulite. When one age, tendency is one may pick and gain more weight. This increases the problem again.
So how do you fight cellulite build up as you age?
Cellulite treatments can promise you to get rid of these bumps and orange peel look. But some of these treatments may just be hypes but some can be effective. Let’s take a look at them below:
- Cellulite creams. These have no scientific evidence. Sometimes, they can even be harmful as its treatment includes the narrowing of blood vessels and forcing of water from the skin. This is bad for the circulatory system and can cause allergic reactions.
- Change of diet. To cut down on toxins is one major advice to get rid or minimize cellulite. Refined and processed foods, artificial additives, dairy products, foods high in fats and sugar are several foods that should be avoided. Vegetables and fruits should be added in every meal.
- Change of lifestyle. Foregoing of smoking, alcohol and self induced worries can help a lot.
- Liposuction. Since liposuction is a procedure that can remove fat deposits, it can be a possible treatment for cellulite as well. But for caution, liposuction may not remove cellulite itself altogether but the deep fats.
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation. To be able to keep healthy, Vitamin, C, E, A and selenium should be included in your daily nutritional supplements.
- Massage. Massage and other spa treatments can help in minimizing cellulite; it can’t remove it altogether but can temporarily lessen it for a short time.
- Laser treatments. Laser has already been approved to be used as a cellulite treatment. Laser can melt the fat under the skin, break the fibrous bands below the skin and can even stimulate the collagen production.
- Mesotherapy was originally used as a treatment to relieve pain from skin conditions that are inflammatory. Substances will be injected into the body such as amino acids, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. It can help break down fat and can bring some improvement in the cellulite.