With summer in full bloom, insects are also in full swing and are ready to attack when necessary.
So, what do you do to avoid these nasty creatures biting you?
Environmentalists suggest that the best way to deal with insect bites and stings is to prevent them before they happen.
Ways that you can avoid or prevent bug bites include:
• Applying repellents to exposed skin. Do not apply repellents directly to your face, instead spray the repellent into your hands and apply to your face that way.
• Wearing shoes when walking around outdoors. Avoid going barefoot whenever possible.
• Do not swat or attempt to hit a flying insect. This will only make them mad and attack you more frequently.
• Covering food when it is outdoors. Insects flock to food and the less chance you give them to get to the food, the greater your chance of avoiding them all together is.
• Avoiding bright colored clothes when you are outdoors for extended periods of time as insects are attracted to bright colors.
• Trying not to wear heavy smelling perfumes outdoors as insects are also attracted to the smells.
Keep these tips in mind before you head outdoors and you won’t be dealing with insects biting or stinging you this summer.
Bug bites are going to happen now and then, but enjoy your summer while it lasts …winter will be here before we know it!